Instructions for Commencement Day
Sunday, December 15, 2013
1. Arrive on campus by 1:00 PM. Bring your line assignment with you.
2. Parking at the Schottenstein Center is available at no charge in lots north of Borror Drive, in the Fawcett Center lot on Olentangy River Road, the St. John Arena lot on Lane Avenue, and the north and south French Field House lots. Shuttle buses will run between the "Buckeye" lots just south of Ackerman Road, and the northeast rotunda of the Schottenstein Center.
Disability parking is available in lots directly adjacent to the Schottenstein Center on a first-come, first-served basis. A permanent or temporary Ohio or other state-issued Disability placard is required. Additional disability parking is available in the "Buckeye" lots where lift-equipped shuttles run to the Schottenstein Center.
3. Assemble promptly by 1:20 PM in the Practice Facility section of the Schottenstein Center in academic costume and line up as you did at rehearsal. Only graduates are permitted in this area. As you enter, you will be given a copy of the commencement program that lists your name in proper sequence. One copy is provided for each graduate.
*Note: Graduates should enter the Schottenstein Center through the southwest rotunda entrance. This entrance is for graduates only.
4. Wear the tassel on the left side of your cap.
5. Allow extra time if you have guests that need to be escorted to a seat. The Jerome Schottenstein center provides easy access for guests with permanent or temporary disabilities. Seating for those guests is located throughout the arena. Guests in a wheelchair, as well as those who are unable to climb stairs, and one companion, are permitted in these areas. Click on the Disability Accommodations link for family and guests for further information.
An American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter will be present during the ceremony. Seating for guests requiring an ASL interpreter will be located in Section 121. Due to space limitations, we again ask that only one other person be seated with the guest requiring ASL interpretation. Click on the Disability Accommodations link for family and guests for further information.
6. Advise your guests that photographs must be taken from the stands. Only press photographers are permitted on the arena floor. Guests should be courteous and respectful of all those wishing to take photographs. A professional photographer will take a photograph of each graduate as diplomas are received. A complimentary photo will be mailed to the graduate within one month after graduation. You are not obligated to order photographs; this is merely a service.
All information is subject to change. We recommend checking back periodically for current information.