Instructions for Commencement Day
Sunday, May 10, 2015
1. Arrive on campus by 10:30 AM. Bring your line assignment with you.
2. Graduates assembling in French Field House should park in any of the permit zones around St. John Arena and the French Field House. Graduates assembling in RPAC should use the Neil Avenue Parking Garage. Additional parking is available at the Schottenstein Center or on West Campus. Parking locations are open to you and your guests on commencement day on a first-come, first-served basis. No Ohio State parking permit is required. The Arps, Ohio Union, and Neil Avenue parking garages will be available at no charge.
Shuttle buses will run from West Campus parking lots to the Drake Performance and Event Center beginning at 9:00 AM until one hour after the ceremony concludes.
Disability parking is located in the East Stadium lot on a first-come, first-served basis. A permanent or temporary Ohio or other state-issued Disability Placard is required. Enter the East Stadium lot from Tuttle Park Place. Please plan to arrive early as reserved parking is not guaranteed. A parking map is available on the CampusParc web site. Contact the Office of Commencement and Special Events at (614) 292-9051 with questions.
3. Assemble promptly by 11:15 PM at your class assembly site and line up as you did at rehearsal. You will be given a copy of the commencement program that lists your name in proper sequence. One copy is provided for each graduate.
4. Wear the tassel on the left side of your cap.
5. Allow extra time if you have guests that need to be escorted to a seat. Ohio Stadium provides easy access for guests with permanent or temporary disabilities. Seating for those guests is located at entry level and throughout the Stadium. Guests in a wheelchair, or having limited mobility, and one companion, are permitted in these areas. Click on the Disability Accommodations link for family and guests for further information.
An American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter will be present during the ceremony. Click on the Disability Accommodations link for family and guests for further information.
Live captioning of the ceremony will also be available on the south stadium scoreboard in Ohio Stadium.
6. Advise your guests that certain items are prohibited in Ohio Stadium as security precaustion. Please visit the Security Precaution page for a list of permitted and prohibited items. Neither graduates nor guests may bring any of these items into Ohio Stadium. Guests are subjected to visual inspection of person, bags, and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items.
7. Advise your guests that photographs must be taken from the stands. Only press photographers are permitted on the field. Diploma presentation photos will be taken of each graduate by a profession photographer. Further information and a complimentary photo will be mailed under separate cover.
All information is subject to change. We recommend checking back periodically for current information.