While the university is working to maintain many of Ohio State’s proud traditions, health and safety guidelines mean that certain elements will need to change. The university will make adjustments to provide a memorable celebration that is safe and healthy, including no more than 13,500 attendees in each of two commencement ceremonies to allow for physical distancing. Admission tickets are free but must be ordered online through the "My Ohio State Student Ticket Account" portal used to request athletic and other tickets. Spring graduates may request up to three admission tickets (graduate and two guests). See instructions below.
First and foremost, students must meet all application deadlines as set by their respective college offices and follow any rules set forth by their college for participating in the ceremony. Only students who have applied to graduate are eligible to request tickets for the ceremony. Students who have applied to graduate should check their Ohio State email account regularly for important commencement messages, or refer to this website for updates.
March 19: *Deadline to apply to graduate and continue receiving communications on how to request tickets
April 5: Ticket request window opens
April 19: Ticket request window closes (5:00 p.m.)
April 30: Mobile tickets assigned
Graduates are responsible for ordering tickets. An admission ticket is required for any attendee, including the graduate. Admission tickets are not automatically added to your account — you must still request them through the online system.
Any guest who does not receive a ticket to commencement is welcome to watch the proceedings online via the live video stream.
Important note: So we can best accommodate all guests who wish to attend the ceremony, we ask that graduating students please request only the tickets they will need.
- Log in to your Ohio State Student Ticket account.
- Enter your Ohio State email address (and the password associated with your Ohio State Student Ticket account).
Note: Due to a recent security update in the Ticketmaster log in process, you will need to select "Forgot Password" to reset your password the first time you log in to your Ohio State Student Ticket Account. Once you have reset this password, that will be your new password for your Ohio State Student Ticket Account as well as Ticketmaster.com accounts associated with this email address
- Review the information and click “Request Tickets.”
- Select the number of commencement tickets you would like to request — up to three — by clicking the + button near the quantity. Click "Add to Cart” and then “Continue.”
- Review your order for accuracy and click “Checkout.”
- Select your Delivery Method (mobile), identify any seating needs for you/your guests and check the box that indicates you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click "Submit Order" to finalize your ticket request.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your order is received. Note: You will not be able to access your tickets right away. You will receive an email with further instructions on April 30.
Other viewing options
Guests who are unable to attend the ceremony in Ohio Stadium are encouraged to watch the livestream broadcast online.