Graduates should arrive on campus by 10:30 a.m. and report to the assembly sites in cap and gown no later than 11:00 a.m. You will not be able to join the class processional lines after the class has left the assembly sites.
All items and persons entering Ohio Stadium are subject to security screening and inspection via a walk through metal detector and/or a hand wand metal detector. Arrive to the assembly locations early in order to avoid lines and delays in the screening process. Graduates will not need to remove any items (wallet, keys, phone, etc.) from their person as they pass through.
- Bags of any type, including but not limited to backpacks, purses, handbags, fanny packs, cinch sacks, camera bags, messenger bags, binocular cases, duffel bags, grocery bags, suite cases, or any other bags. Only wallets, wristlets, or clutches no larger than 5”x8”x1” are permitted. To reduce touchpoints with staff and lengthy inspections, guests are encouraged to not bring a bag to the venue.
- Noisemaking devices
- Mace, pepper spray, aerosol cans or similar substances
- Banners or signs
- Sticks or poles
- Weapons or items that mimic weapons including, but not limited to: lighters, matches, firearms (including Concealed Carry Weapon permit holders), fireworks, pocket knives, knives, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, martial arts weapons, stun guns, squirt guns, super soakers, rope and chains
- Any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Guests should expect a visual inspection of person, bags and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Video recorders
- Seat Cushions
- Wallet, Wristlet, or Clutch (with or without strap) no larger than 5″ x 8″ x 1″. Bags of any type/size are not permitted.
- Food and clear water bottles
- Cell phones
- Umbrellas (permitted, but use during the ceremony is discouraged)
One 14x14x4 bag per person will be permitted for:
- Dietary or medical needs (medications, single serving snack for medical needs, medical equipment etc.)
- Child care needs (diapers, formula, baby food, baby bottle, pumps, etc.)
- Guests with medical, dietary, or childcare needs may enter through their assigned gate location and have their items inspected by the security staff.